Are You a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico?
Determining if You are a Candidate for Weight Loss Surgery
If you are suffering from obesity and traditional methods of diet and exercise have failed to provide long term results, you might be considering bariatric weight loss surgery in Mexico and wondering if you might be a good candidate for weight loss surgery.
The first steps in understanding if you are a candidate for weight loss surgery is to calculate and understand your Body Mass Index (BMI) and see if you meet the generally accepted criteria for surgery.
As an experienced medical tourism facilitator specializing in bariatric weight loss surgery, we understand your concerns and are here to help guide you through the entire process so that you may feel comfortable in making an informed decision.
- Determining Your Body Mass Index (BMI)
BMI is your body mass index and is determined by a calculation between height and weight. The higher the BMI score, the more body fat a person has. The BMI score is a screening tool that can help you determine whether or not you are a good candidate for weight loss surgery in Mexico, and also measure potential risks for health related conditions or disease such as diabetes, heart problems, and even cancer. A BMI score of 30 and over is considered obese. Typically candidates for weight loss surgery are individuals that have a BMI of over 35, or BMI’s over 30 and suffer from other weight-related health conditions.
- Criteria for Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery:
- BMI (Body Mass Index) above 35
- BMI between 30 and 40 in the presence of other associated diseases that may improve with weight loss (high blood pressure, diabetes, sleep apnea, painful joint condition, arthritis, etc.)
- Be at least 14 years old (individual cases may apply)
- Be overweight for more than five years
- Have tried to diet and exercise with no success
- Be prepared to make substantial changes in your eating habits
- No dependency on alcohol or drugs
- Acceptable to risks associated with surgical procedures
- Selecting the Right Procedure for You
As with any important medical decision, it is imperative to have a clear understanding of the different options available to you. Every medical procedure has it’s own advantages and disadvantages. It’s important to understand and consider carefully the differences between each type of weight loss surgery and which one will work best for your individual needs.
Our care facilitators are here to answer any questions you may have and always keep your information confidential. If you are considering weight loss surgery, contact us today! 1-800-270-7120