The following expert surgeons are not employed by Ready 4a Change but work with us as part of our service.
Bariatric Surgeon Dr. Jacqueline Osuna: Guadalajara, Tijuana
Dr. Jacqueline Osuna
Dr. Jacqueline Osuna has been practicing bariatric surgery for more than 8 years and is currently practicing in Guadalajara and Tijuana Mexico. She performs gastric bypass, gastric sleeve, mini-bypass, duodenal switch, sleeve plication and gastric banding and revisions surgeries. Because of the quality of her work and experience with bariatric surgery, Dr. Osuna is considered to be one of the finest bariatric and metabolic surgeons in Mexico and has authored, presented and published research on a variety of medical topics.
A common misconception with weight loss surgery is that it is highly invasive or prone to complications. With an experienced surgical team such as Dr. Osuna’s team, this is not the case. All of Dr. Osuna’s surgeries, including revision surgeries, are minimally invasive. The chance of risk with stomach surgeries are less than 1 percent. With Dr. Osuna, you will have peace of mind, confident you are receiving the highest quality care.
Dr. Jaqueline Osuna earned her medical degree from the University of Guadalajara and then moved to Tijuana where she had the fortune of being trained by Dr. Juan Lopez Corvala, one of the best bariatric surgeons in Mexico. Her passion for weight loss surgery began in medical school. Discovering that many debilitating diseases are caused by obesity, inspired her to get involved and help people to live healthier lives.
Dr. Jacqueline Osuna is an active member of these professional organizations:
- Mexican Board of Surgery (CMCG)
- Mexican Association of Surgery (AMCG)
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE)
- Mexican College of Obesity Surgery. (CMCO)
Weight loss surgery is a big change in your life and you have to be ready to handle it. You will see magnificent results, but it is important that you are a part of these changes too. Dr. Osuna urges that anyone considering weight loss surgery, must be sure they’re ready to do it. But once you say yes, you won’t regret the results.
Outside of her professional life, she enjoys traveling, exercising, and most importantly, spending time with her daughters.
We can help change lives! Contact us today! 1-800-270-7120
|Name:||Dr. Jacqueline Osuna Rubio|
|General State Certificate:||102011|
|State Certificate of Specialty:||100106|
- Centro Universitario de Ciencias de la Salud (CUCS). Universidad de Guadalajara. Medical Degree (M.D.) Obtaining 94.04 average.
- Degree: Excellent Academic performance. Option: Degree by Average.
- Rotatory boarding school Hospital General Regional 46. June 2000 to June 2001. With 9.04 average
Approval of the National Examination of Medical Residences. General surgery.
Specialization in General Surgery
- Centro Medico Nacional de Occidente. IMSS Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico March 2003-Febrero 2007
Rotation on the 3rd year in General Surgery
- Cook County Hospital Chicago Il. Cirugía de Esófago, Laparoscópica y Robótica On charge: Dr Phillipe Donahue
Social Service of Speciality in General Surgery
- Investigation. Centro Médico Nacional de Occidente Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico March 2006-August 2006
- Member, Mexican Board of Surgery (CMCG) From 2007
- Member, Mexican Association of Surgery (AMCG) From 2007
- Member, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery (AMCE) From 2007
- Member, Mexican College of Obesity Surgery. (CMCO) From 2010
- Practical Theoretical course of Basic Endoscopic Surgery, March – August 2004, Curricular value 200Hrs. Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
- Graduated in Laparoscopic Surgery Outpost and Bariatric Surgery, March – June 2007, Tijuana BC. Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Curricular value 420Hrs. Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
- Training in Positioning Laparoscopic Lap Band, June 2007, Tijuana BC. Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Guaranteed by Lap-Band like Surgeon Certificate on Laparoscopic positioning of Gastric Band
- Training in Metabolic Surgery and Sleeve Gastrectomy, 2007, Tijuana BC Clinica 1 of the IMSS, Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and by the IMSS
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL CONGRESSES MAGAZINES
- Blood Pressure changes before, during and after cigarette smoking in normal subjets.
Jose Z Parra, Salvador Fonseca, Irma C. Bonilla, Jacqueline Osuna, Antonio Fregoso. American Journal of Hypertension May 2003 Vol 16 No 5, Part 2, P 577.
- Blood Pressure circadian rhythm in elderly.
Jose Z Parra, Salvador Fonseca, Irma C. Bonilla, Jacqueline Osuna, Antonio Fregoso. American Journal of Hypertension May 2003 Vol 16 No 5, Part 2, P 58.
- Evolution of blood pressure in white coat hypertension patients evaluated with ambulatory monitoring.
Salvador Fonseca-Reyes, Jose Parra-Carrillo, Javier Garcia de Alba-Garcia, Irma Bonilla-Rosales, Jacqueline Osuna-Rubio. American Journal of Hypertension May 2003 Vol 16 No 5, Part 2, P 48.
- TUE-G-2 Liver fibrosis and expression of SMAD 7, Collagen I, III and TGF mRNA in patients with bile duct injury after cholecystectomy.
M Alatorre-Carranza, A Miranda-Diaz, I Yañez-Sanchez, JM Hermosillo Sandoval, J Osuna-Rubio. Gut 2006 55 (Suppl V) A 165
- By his participation like instructor of VII the Practical Theoretical Course of the Endoscopic Surgery. March-August 2005. Curricular value 200Hrs. Guaranteed by the Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery and the Mexican Institute of the Social Insurance.
- By to have credited satisfactorily the twelve levels that integrate the program of GENERAL ENGLISH. Covering a total of 480 hours. Guadalajara Jalisco November of 1999. Dominion of the language in 70%
- Obtained the Second Place with the work: Impact of I deposit of fibrous weave in the liver of patients with injury of biliary routes. In VII the Congress the International “Medicine Advances Civil Hospitals 2005”.
- 89th Clinical Congress of the American College of Surgeons Chicago, Il, USA October 2003.
- 92nd Clinical Congress of the American College of Surgeons Chicago, Il, USA October 2006.
- 95th Clinical Congress of the American College of Surgeons Chicago, Il, USA October 2009.
- 24th Annual Meeting American Society for Bariatric Surgery San Diego, CA, USA 2007.
- 1st International Course of Metabolic Surgery (Surgical Management of Diabetes Mellitus) Tijuana, B.C., México, 2007.
- XVI International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery Veracruz, Ver. México, 2007.
- XVII International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco Mex. 2008.
- 26th Annual Meeting American Society for Bariatric Surgery Grapevine, Tx, USA 2009.
- XIX International Congress of Endoscopic Surgery, Cancun, Quintana Roo. Mex, 2010.
- 27th Annual Meeting American Society for Bariatric Surgery, Las Vegas, Nv, USA 2010.
- XXXIV International Congress of General Surgery, Guadalajara Jal, Mex, 2010.
We can help change lives! Contact us today! 1-800-270-7120