Featured Bariatric Surgeon – Dr. Hector Perez
Ready4aChange Featured Bariatric Surgeon: Dr. Hector Perez
Dr. Hector Perez is a specialized bariatric surgeon currently practicing in Cancun, Mexico.
Bariatric Surgeon Profile
Dr. Perez is a board-certified medical doctor who has studied at the University of Miami, La Salle University, Mexican National University and others. After completing medical school in 2000, he went on to complete his surgical training graduating with Honors with the title of General Surgeon in 2006. Since 2006, Dr. Hector Perez has been focusing on bariatric surgery and is completely experienced in Gastric Banding, Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, Gastric Plication and Revision Surgery. His previous professional accolades include the titles of Chief of Surgery at a specialty clinic in Mexico City, Attending Surgeon at the General and Digestive Surgery Department at Regional Hospital, and Professor of Basic and Advanced Laparoscopic Techniques at the Medical National Center.
Gastric Banding, Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass, Gastric Plication & Revision Surgery
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Mexican Board of General Surgery, Mexico City
- Mexican Association of General Surgery, Mexico City
- Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Mexican Association of Obesity surgery
Education & Training
- 2000: Graduated Medical School: La Salle University 2000, Mexico City
- 2001: Medical Internship: Jackson Memorial Hospital, University of Miami
- 2002: Medical Social Service: Xpichil, Cancún Quintana Roo
- 2002 – 2006: Residency in General Surgery: Regional Hospital Lic. Adolfo López Mateos ISSSTE, México City
- 2006: Graduated with Honors Obtaining the Title of General Surgeon: Mexican National University
If you would like to enquire about having your weight loss surgery in Cancun with Dr. Hector Perez, contact us today!