Healthy Lunch Ideas After Bariatric Surgery
Do you need a couple healthy lunch ideas to get you through your work day? Whether you’re crunched for time at your desk or have little options in the corporate cafeteria, you can plan ahead and stay on track while resisting the fast food urges located around the block. If you’ve just undergone a weight loss surgery procedure, or are hopeful to maintain your new weight loss results after bariatric surgery, the following healthy lunch ideas will come in handy when the 12 o’clock hour strikes.
Pack a Lunch
Not only will you likely save some money when you pack your lunch, you’ll also have full control of your consumption. Gone are the days of the boring brown bag. Bento boxes and divided lunch box trays make it easier than ever to limit portion sizes while incorporating all the necessary food groups. Instead of packing a traditional bologna sandwich, why not satisfy your taste buds with one of the following healthy lunch idea suggestions?
Chicken Salad with Apples and Raisins
Fresh Tomato Soup
Chicken Pasta Salad
Beef and Barley Soup
Egg Salad with Tomato Slices
Parmesan Crisps and Salsa
Hummus and Vegetables
Roasted Red Pepper Sandwiches
Tabbouleh with Chicken and Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
Often times our bodies confuse hunger with lack of hydration. Bring a bottle of water with you on the go and when those first hunger pains hit, drink up. Quenching your thirst will help you from overeating and help those pesky cravings subside.
What Can I Eat After Bariatric Surgery?
If you just had gastric or weight loss surgery, you should already be aware of what you can and cannot consume based on the bariatric procedure. Whether you have a Gastric Sleeve or a Lap-Band, eating smaller portions and chewing food slowly and thoroughly are key in preventing stomach upset or diarrhea. Soon after surgery you’ll become aware of what you can digest easily and can incorporate necessary modifications.
Long-Term Weight Loss Tips
Maintaining your weight loss will take a few lifestyle changes. The following tips can be of great help to ensure you keep moving forward in your weight loss goals.
1. Keep a food diary. Although recording meals in a daily journal will take some discipline at first, you’ll be able to keep better track of your calories and also any triggers that caused you to binge or give into cravings.
2. Finding support from an online group or within your circle of friends can help motivate you to continue your long-term weight loss goals.
3. Set a realistic achievement for yourself. You may not be exactly where you want to be today, but what small steps can you make to ensure you’ll get there tomorrow? Understanding what’s feasible (not just desirable) can help you keep your eye on the finish line.
4. Reward yourself with a new piece of clothing, tickets to the movies, or a backyard party with friends. Small rewards after reaching each small goal will help motivate you to carry on to the next step in your weight loss journey.
5. Don’t snack. Snacking can kill your diet and sabotage all your weight loss plans. You’ve made it this far, and you can keep going. Substitute a few of the above healthy lunch ideas in place of your usual dinner menu and your body will thank you for it.