Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery is a simplified version of the traditional Gastric Bypass and is an effective weight loss surgery option that can help you achieve your weight loss goals.
How a Mini Gastric Bypass is Performed
Mini Gastric Bypass surgery is performed by reducing the size of the stomach and connecting the lower portion of the small intestine directly to the new gastric pouch, limiting the amount of food that can be consumed at one time.
The Weight loss and recovery period is very similar to the traditional gastric bypass method, however mini gastric bypass is a simpler procedure as it has less re-routing of the intestinal tract and typically requires less time to complete. As such, a mini gastric bypass may be a suitable option for clients who could benefit from a shorter procedure time. However, it is a relatively new procedure that is not performed by all bariatric surgeons.
- Significant long-term weight loss
- Restricts amount of food that can be consumed
- Reduction in gherelin – the hunger hormone
- Frequently Type 2 diabetics go into remission
- Shorter operating time than a traditional Gastric Bypass
- Less re-routing of the intestines resulting in a simpler surgical procedure
- Potential of long-term vitamin or mineral deficiencies
- Must follow dietary recommendations
- Clients may tend to suffer from acid-reflux
Our care facilitators are here to answer any questions you may have and always keep your information confidential. If you are considering weight loss surgery, contact us today! 1-800-270-7120