Weight Loss Revision Surgery
Occasionally, an individual may not be completely satisfied with their existing weight loss surgery for various reasons such as insufficient weight loss or a technical complication. If this is the case, a weight loss revision surgery may be in order. A weight loss revision procedure may include the conversion of one procedure to another, making a correction or alteration to an existing surgery, or even reversing the procedure all together.
The kinds of weight loss revision surgery options available will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual. At Ready4aChange, our experienced staff of care facilitators and bariatric surgeons can help present you with options of which revision procedure will work best for you.
Common Types of Weight Loss Revision Surgery
- Lap Band to Gastric Sleeve, Gastric Bypass or Duodenal Switch
- Lap Band reversal
- Lap Band adjustment
- Gastric Sleeve to Duodenal Switch or Gastric Bypass
- Gastric Bypass reversal
- Duodenal Switch to Gastric Sleeve
Revision surgeries are often the most difficult bariatric procedures due to complications or scarring from the existing procedures. Thus, weight loss revision surgeries require highly skilled, experienced bariatric surgeons.
- Ability to correct a technical complication resulting in more comfort or increased weight loss for the individual
- Ability to potentially increase weight loss results by switching from one procedure to another
- Ability to completely reverse certain procedures
Our care facilitators are here to answer any questions you may have and always keep your information confidential. If you are considering weight loss surgery, contact us today! 1-800-270-7120